Benefits of Authentic Loose Leaf Teas for Hair Health
We've always had a passion for finding teas that we enjoy ourselves first and foremost in our daily lives and sharing the stories of the dedicated people behind these wholesome products.
For those who like to create their own specialty teas using their own flavourings, I always recommend the best black tea direct from its origin in Sri Lanka. These teas are ideal for the most discerning sippers, especially loose leaf black tea.
Why do we recommend loose leaf black tea from Sri Lanka? Well honestly, we would love everyone to enjoy tea in its pureset form, as tea is a health drink after all. Loose leaf black tea allows the tea drinker to experiment with different flavorings at her own discretion.
We want everyone to feel real tea that tingles your taste buds, which today is rare in blended forms of tea found in stores.
Brewed to Perfection
Follow these steps to brew your tea in the best possible way.
For soothing hot tea:
- Bring fresh, cold, filtered water to a full boil in a teapot
- Use one teaspoonful of loose tea or one tea bag per cup (five to eight ounces) of water
- Pour the boiling water over the tea
- Steep for three to five minutes
- If you prefer your tea less strong, add more water after the initial steeping period
For refreshing iced tea:
- For small quantities, proceed as for hot tea and pour over ice
- For large quantities, prepare a concentrate as follows*
- Bring one quart of fresh, cold, filtered water to a full boil in a teapot
- Remove from heat and add 8–10 tea bags per quart of tea desired
- Steep for three to five minutes and pour over ice cubes or into additional cold water
- To serve, pour into tall glass filled with ice, garnish and sweeten as desired
* This recipe uses 50 percent more tea than is used to make hot tea to allow for dilution by ice.
Many teas have polyphenols which are great for hair and restoring hair.